Oblique Abdominals (sides), Rectus Abdominus (run down middle of stomach)
• Sit on ball, feet flat on ground about hip width apart
• Place hands across chest , lean back on ball so your tailbone to your shoulders are on the ball, eyes toward the ceiling, chin up
• Exhale and slowly curl up and to the left bring your right shoulder blade off the ball
• Keep your belly button pulled in rather than pushed out
• Hold and slowly lower back down on to the ball
• Repeat until reached desired reps
• Switch and perform with left side
Important: Don’t bounce on the ball…that’s cheating. Also, it is very important that you crunch up toward the ceiling and not toward your knees. Slow is the key…try lifting vertebrae by vertebrae
More Interesting Pages!
Complete List of Strength Training Moves
Get a coach...without leaving your house!
Mix It Up...More Pre-designed Workouts
Can't get to the gym...your at home workouts
The Truth About Your Abs
How many reps should you do?
What's up with your BMI?
Top 5 Weight Loss Motivation Tips
How water can help you lose weight
Return from Oblique Crunch to Real Moms Real Fit home page