This is a great move to work on toning the back side of your upper arm that seems to haunt us as we get older. Again, it can be done at home...no equipment needed!
*How To pictures at the bottom!
- Position yourself with your butt just off the edge of bench or chair with hands next to your hips, fingers curled under chair, knuckles facing forward
- Feet are out in front of you at a 90 degree angle (more advanced - legs out straight, motivated- heels on another chair or stability ball)
- Lower your body toward the ground by bending at the elbows
- Go as far as you can or until your arms are at a 90 degree angle
- Return to the start position by straightening your arms
- Inhale on the way down, and exhale on the way up
Important: Don’t let your elbows flare out. Don’t let your chest collapse as you lower down. Don’t perform this exercise if you have a shoulder injury or wrist pain
Leave Tricep Dips for List of Strength Training Exercises