Kick Butt Elliptical Workouts
Elliptical workouts are an incredible way to burn some major calories. I particularly love the ones with handles. Using the handles turns the cardio workout into a full body workout, engages more muscle groups and,in turn, increases your calorie burn. And, as long as you keep a good posture and resist the urge to lean on the handles, your core feels the burn as it continually works to balance your body.
If that isn't enough, it is an excellent way to mix up the monotony of running. Running is incredibly hard on your joints, in particular, your knees, ankles and back. For that reason, it's a good idea to give them a break every once in a while. The elliptical provides a non-impact workout while still enabling you to get a kick butt cardio session.
Things to Remember...
• Keep a good posture, core tight, elbows in next to your ribs
• Don’t lean on the machine
• Keep the right cadence...go too slow and you'll cheat yourself out of maximum calorie burn
• Avoid bouncing…use smooth strides
• Don’t be afraid to breathe hard…get out of your comfort zone!
Your Elliptical Fat Blasters!
Leave Elliptical Workouts for Real Moms Real Fit home page