Close Grip Pushups
Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and Abs
*How to pictures at the bottom
• Lie face down with legs extended out behind you and feet together
• Place your hands directly under your shoulders (instead of shoulder width apart), palms down
• Straighten arms, keeping abs tight and lift up on your toes (or knees for a modified version) so your body is flat like a table…get that butt out of the air!
• Keeping your body straight and elbows glued to your side, lower body to the ground by bending your elbows
• Exhale and return to the start position by pushing yourself back up
Important: Don’t let your body sag on the way up by keeping your abs tight. Exhale on the way up and keep your spine in line by keeping your eyes focused on the floor. Also, make sure you don’t let your elbows flare out!
*Do as many on your toes and switch to your knees when your form starts to suffer. If you need to, start on your knees and build up your strength until you can transition to your toes over the next couple of weeks.
Need a more modified version? Try them on the wall!
Return from Close Grip Pushups to Beginner's Workout