Mountain climbers are one of my favorite exercises to get the heart rate up. Added bonus...it engages your core and works your shoulders too! Throw it in there after 3 or 4 exercises to intensify your workout.
*How to pictures at the bottom!
Chest, Shoulders, Abs, Cardiovascular system
- Start in the plank/pushup position with your body in a straight line, hands directly under your shoulders
- Jump your left foot forward driving your knee up toward your chest (left foot stays off the ground)
- Your right foot stays out behind you in the start position
- Very quickly, return your left foot to the start position and simultaneously, repeat the same move with the right foot
- Repeat at a rapid pace for the instructed amount of time
Important: Don’t let your butt get extend up in the air and remember to breath.
Leave Mountain Climbers for Strength Training