Pushup Side Plank
Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and Abs
- Lie face down with legs extended out behind you and feet together
- Place your hands slightly wider than shoulders width apart, palms down, elbows at a 90 degree angle
- Straighten arms, keeping abs tight and lift up on your toes so your body is flat like a table…get that butt out of the air!
- Keeping your body straight, lower body to the ground by bending your elbows until your upper arms are parallel with the floor
- Return to the start position by pushing yourself back up
- Then rotate to the right side in the side plank (balancing on right arm, left arm pointed up toward the sky, left foot stacked on right foot, body in a straight line)
- Hold for a count and rotate back to the pushup position
- Do another pushup and rotate to the left side (equals one rep)
- Continue for instructed number for reps
Important: Keep your spine in line by keeping your eyes focused on the floor and your abs tight…don’t let your body sag on the way up. Also, exhale on the way up and inhale on the way down.
Leave Pushup Side Plank for Strength Training