Pushup with Rotation
Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Abs, Obliques (side of stomach)
• Lie face down with legs extended out behind you and feet together
• Place your hands slightly wider than shoulders width apart, palms down, elbows at a 90 degree angle
• Straighten arms, keeping abs tight and lift up on your toes so your body is flat like a table…get that butt out of the air!
• Keeping your body straight, lower body to the ground by bending your elbows until your upper arms are parallel with the floor
• As you return to the start position by pushing yourself back up rotate into a left side plank
• Only your left arm and left foot will be touching the floor…point your right arm straight up toward the sky and rest your right foot on your left foot
•Hold for a 2 count and return to the push-up position, do another push-up and repeat the side plank rotation on the right side.
Important: Keep your spine in line by keeping your eyes focused on the floor and your abs tight…don’t let your body sag on the way up. Also, exhale on the way up and inhale on the way down. When in the side plank position, don’t let you side sag toward the ground…keep your core tight.
Leave Pushup with Rotation for Strength Training