Pushups (Regular and Wide)
Pushups are hands-down my favorite exercise. They can be done anywhere, anytime...when you get out of bed, while you're waiting for the water to boil, while the baby is sleeping or in your office as a short break. They tone your arms, chest, back, and core. Doesn't get much better than that!
Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, and Abs
- Lie face down with legs extended out behind you and feet together
- Place your hands slightly wider than shoulders width apart, palms down, elbows at a 90 degree angle
- Wide Pushup Option: Start with hands about 3 inches wider than the regular pushup
- Straighten arms, keeping abs tight and lift up on your toes (or knees for a modified version)so your body is flat like a table…get that butt out of the air!
- Keeping your body straight, lower body to the ground by bending your elbows until your upper arms are parallel with the floor
- Return to the start position by pushing yourself back up
- Just getting started...Try the modified wall pushup
Important: Keep your spine in line by keeping your eyes focused on the floor and your abs tight...don’t let your body sag on the way up. Also, exhale on the way up and inhale on the way down.
Leave Pushups for Real Moms Real Fit home page