Salmon Cakes Recipe
I found this awesome Salmon Cakes recipe in the February 08 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. I did tweak it a tad to make it a bit on the heathier side. It is one of my favorite seafood recipes. It should only take about 20 minutes. Bonus: the magazine claims it only cost $2.90 per serving...that's my kind of deal. Hope you like it!
- 14 oz fresh skinless salmon fillets
- 2 cups refrigerated sour cream and chive mashed potatoes (healthier option…pre-make your own mashed potatoes with fat free sour cream and chives . More work but saves you about 100 calories per serving!
- 1/2 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp snipped fresh dill
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Drizzle of low-fat Honey-Dijon salad dressing
- Rinse and dry salmon. Place in 2 quart microwave-safe baking dish; cover with vented plastic and cook on high for 2.5-3.5 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Break salmon into pieces and combine in bowl with potatoes, bread crumbs, and dill.
- Form salmon mixture into eight 3.5 inch cake patties
- Lightly coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Cook cakes over med-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side (until heated through and browned).
- Drizzle with dressing (don’t dunk…lots more calories that way) and enjoy
- Goes great over a bed of mix greens or rice (calories not included)
Nutritional Information per serving
- calories 438 (338 using homemade mashed potatoes)
- fat 29 (17 using homemade mashed potatoes)
- sodium 800mg (409 using homemade mashed potatoes)
- carbs 29g (25g using homemade mashed potatoes)
- protein 25g
- *I would definitely go with the homemade mashed potatoes if you have time!
Source: Better Homes and Gardens Feb08 issue
Leave Salmon Cakes Recipe for Real Moms Real Fit home page