Peppered Scallops Recipe
I absolutely love this delicious Peppered Scallops recipe. I am always trying to find creative ways to squeeze in those heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids...scallops are loaded with them! They are also a very good source of the vitamin B12. B12 helps to keep homocysteine levels low which are associated with atherosclerosis, diabetic heart disease, heart attack, and stroke. So, enjoy the taste and all the healthy benefits!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 lbs sea scallops
- 1 (each) red, yellow, and green bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Heat butter in large skillet. Add garlic and scallions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add scallops and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add peppers and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add orange juice, cook for 2 minutes or until scallops cooked through.
Information per serving
- calories 199
- fat 5g
- carbs 11g
- protein 25g
Source: Fitness Magazine Sept07 issue
Leave Peppered Scallops Recipe for Real Moms Real Fit home page