Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes (Butt)
*Picture at bottom!
- Stand with feet about shoulder width apart, weight on heels, abs pulled in and good posture
- Using weight...hold dumbbell with both hands directly in front of your body
- Lower yourself down and back by bending your knees. Stick your butt out and keep a straight back
- Lower yourself down until your upper thigh is parallel to the ground (almost as if you are about to sit on a chair)
- Dumbbell hangs straight down in between legs
- Exhale Return to the start position by straightening your legs
- At the top, squeeze your butt cheeks together like you are picking up a $100 bill
- Fast Squats...same move as above but fast!
Important: Never let your knees extend past your toes. Keep a straight back. Don’t lean forward (shoulders back) and don’t let heals lose contact with the ground.
Leave Squats for Real Moms Real Fit home page