Walking Planks with Dumbbells
This is another one of my go-to exercise moves. It really is a great way to engage the core and challenge your upper body at the same time.
*How to pictures at the bottom!
Abs, lower back, chest, shoulders
- Lie face down with legs extended out behind you and feet together
- With weights in each hand (3-10lbs) place your hands slightly wider than shoulders width apart, palms down, elbows at a 90 degree angle
- Straighten arms, keeping abs tight and lift up on your toes so your body is flat like a table…get that butt in the air!
- Move your right hand and foot 3-4” forward…keep you abs tight
- Walk your left hand about 3-4” forward…simultaneously move your left foot forward 3-4”
- Continue for instructed number of steps
Keep your spine in line by keeping your eyes focused on the floor and your abs tight…don’t let your body sag on the way up.
Leave Walking Planks for Real Moms Real Fit home page