Weight Training Benefits
Weight training benefits…hmmm. Where should I start? Well, the mom in me is always looking for the fastest way to get results…time is precious these days. The secret lies in our metabolism. I know what you are thinking. As the years have gone by, your metabolism has gone into hiding. No, some of us can’t eat like we used to. However, there are ways to give our metabolism a big boost and it revolves around weight training (it is the best fat burning exercise).
More on strength training
and how to get the "after burn" that leaves your metabolism revved up for up to 48 hours!
If you still need more motivation to hit the weights check out all the other benefits of strength training.
- Increased Metabolic Rate – burn more calories…lose more weight
- Helps reverse the natural metabolic decline that starts in our late 20’s, early 30’s
- Releases endorphins... elevates your mood and increases your energy
- Improves Self-Esteem...Not only will it help you build a body you are proud of, but building muscular strength makes you feel stronger and more confident
- Reduce the risk of Osteoporosis... Studies have shown that resistance training has the ability to increase bone density
- Increases your good cholesterol (HDL)
- Decreases your risk of adult onset (type 2) diabetes
- Improves your immune system
- Prevents injuries...including lower back pain
- Improved Balance and coordination... Stronger and more resilient muscles improves our balance, which improves our day to day lives
Remember, the faster our metabolism the more calories we burn, even when we’re getting our beauty sleep. In addition, research shows that the better we feel about ourselves the higher our kid's self-esteem is as well. That’s enough in and of itself! Weight loss tip of the day: Hit the weights! And no, you won't get bulky. That's myth!
Pre-designed Full Body Workout Routines
Mix it up with these split style workout routines
More Interesting Pages!
Get a coach...without leaving your house!
The Truth About Your Abs
List of Strength Exercises
How Many Reps Should I Do?
Can't get to the gym...pre-designed at home workouts!
Leave Weight Training Benefits for Real Moms Real Fit home page