Tilapia Fish Recipes Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
This is definitely one of the best tilapia fish recipes I have ever had. My family and I tried this recipe a week ago and fell in love with it. We have already made it twice since! It is a super easy recipe…all said and done in just 15 minutes! You can’t beat that!
I did alter the original recipe a little to make it healthier. I am a huge fan of The Smart Balance Mayo. It is made without Trans fats, with non-hydrogenated ingredients and has half the calories of regular mayo. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Ready in: 15 minutes
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons soft spread butter (like I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter), softened
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons Smart Balance Omega Plus Light Mayonnaise Dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat your oven's broiler. Line pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add dried basil, pepper, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil for 3-4 minutes on the oven rack second from the top. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 1-2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook the fish.
Nutritional Information per serving
- calories 178
- fat 9g
- sodium 130 mg
- carbs 0.6g
- fiber 3g
- protein 23.5g
Source: Allrecipe.com (modified)
Photo: Chibi Chef from Allrecipe.com
Other Interesting Pages
Recipe of the Month
Leave Tilapia Fish Recipes Recipe for Real Moms Real Fit home page
Beat Breakfast Boredom
Berry Good Fruit Recipes
Healthy Snack Ideas
Snack Attack...healthy prepackaged options
Recipe of the Month
Drink Like a Fit Chick
Healthy Shopping List